Come to Portugal for a week of body and mind wellness by Estoril seaside. This is a program that aims to give you practical tools to care for yourself. You are invited to join daily yoga classes in small groups, guided with mindfulness, serenity and joy.
The tranquil environment will be perfect for you to take this insightful Sugar Awareness Workshop led by Maryam Madantji. We will gain essential knowledge on the importance of sugar in our diet, why some of us crave it so much, why we need to keep an eye on the sugar levels in our system, as well as what a healthy sugar intake means. Being knowledgeable about sugar and all of its aspects will surely be the best starting point for you to be aware and in control of your own sugar intake. Please see workshop details bellow.
We serve daily breakfast meals with fresh veggie and fruit juices and foods containing limited quantities of sugar, with preference to healthier types of sugar, such as those naturally present in foods like fruits and honey.
This program allows plenty of free time to indulge the sun by the beach and explore the surroundings of Cascais, Sintra or Lisbon.
What you will get
- 6 Nights accommodation (private double or twin bedroom)
- Attendance to the Sugar Awareness Workshop (2 sessions)
- 7 Yoga classes (75 min)
- 6 Healthy breakfast meals
- Access to sea view rooftop
- Access to a beautiful garden
- 5 minutes walking distance to the beach
- Free time to explore Cascais, Sintra and Lisbon
- What is sugar?
- Where is it? Which foods? What types of sugar can we find?
- Why is it important for our body/health?
- How is sugar metabolised? Regulation of glucose level
- What is the big fuzz about sugar? Why do we need to be careful with the amount of sugar we eat? What are the negative health effects of excess sugar intake?
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Finding the balance – what is a healthy sugar intake?
- International standards for glucose levels
- How to read labels on products and how to interpret them?
- What tricks do supermarkets and food/beverage companies employ to hide the sugar content of products?
- Which sugars are healthy, which ones should I avoid?
Note: Each session approx. duration is 2 hours.
|820 € Twin/Double Bedroom||650 € Private Twin/Double Bedroom|
Individual sugar assessment and sugar reduction advice
- Price: 70 € for appr. 2 hours consultation and an individual plan
Our instructor and therapist
Time to Event
For reservations or enquiries, please complete the following form:
Make your reservation with a 50% payment by bank transfer. The remaining payment is due in cash or credit card payment at the time of check-in.
When a reservation is made, cancellation is only accepted up to two months prior to arrival. The total amount will be refunded and bank transfer charges may apply. There are no refunds in all other cancellation requests with less than 60 days notice. Booking period change request with 15 days notice may be possible according to availability.
By subscribing this retreat, participants confirm their physical fitness and that there are no medical objections against their partaking in the sport(s) of their choice while staying in the House of Zen. Parents/legal guards are responsible for their children.
House of Zen is not responsible and will not reimburse a client if a certain activity cannot occur due to adverse weather or other unforeseeable events beyond our control. We will try our best to offer an alternative program.
This program, including price, schedule and terms may be subject to changes and the retreat full details should be confirmed upon your reservation.